COVID – 19 Update
In light of the current situation with Coronavirus (Covid-19) and the government guidance on social distancing and self-isolation, Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire Safeguarding Children Board have decided to suspend all Safeguarding training until further notice. Please be assured that we are working on setting up webinars and more, so that you can access up to date training from a safe space. We will update our website and social media as soon as we have any news.
We still have e-learning available for Level One training here. You will need to complete this course and download your certificate by Monday 1 June 2020 as we are moving to a new system. Details of how to access Level 1 training after this date will follow shortly.
Please follow us on @SSSCBoard for regular updates. The Board wishes to extend its gratitude to you all at this difficult time for your support, patience and understanding.
If staff/volunteers are due to update their training, we would advise that you look at your Safeguarding Training policy and consider extending the dates until training becomes more accessible. However, we encourage you to demonstrate how you are keeping staff up to date with relevant safeguarding issues. How do you plan to disseminate news of changes within the local area? Is safeguarding being addressed weekly? If so, how? How is this planned for and monitored? For example, do you have a COVID-19 Safeguarding Contingency Plan in place and are all staff/volunteers confident in their understanding of this?
There is so much amazing training available for free at this time and we have listed the links on our E-Learning page. Please bear in mind that nationalised training doesn’t offer local perspectives, pathways, priorities, people to speak to and phone numbers to call. Therefore, it is extremely important that you also find this information and familiarise yourself and/or team with the necessary tools to safeguard children if and when they identify the signs of abuse. The relevant (local) links are also available on the E-Learning page.
For enquiries regarding Training Courses please contact:
Nicola Cartwright or Laura Nield, Safeguarding Children Board Training Co-Ordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of multi-agency training is to help develop and foster the following in order to achieve better outcomes for children and young people;
- A shared understanding of the tasks, processes, principles and roles and responsibilities outlined in national guidance and local arrangements for Safeguarding Children and promoting their welfare;
- More effective and integrated services at both the strategic and individual case level;
- Improved communication between professionals, including a common understanding of key terms definitions and thresholds for action;
- Effective working relationships, including an ability to work in multi- disciplinary groups or teams; and
- Sound decision- making based on information sharing, thorough assessment, critical analysis and professional judgement.
Training provided by Stoke-on-Trent Safeguarding Children Board will be consistent with six areas of expertise that everyone working with children and young people and families should be able to demonstrate. These are:
- Effective communication and engagement with children and young people and their families and carers;
- Child and young person development;
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the child;
- Supporting transitions;
- Multi agency working;
- Sharing information.
We are currently reviewing our pricing strategy.