Staffordshire Safeguarding Children Board's Development and Training Strategy April 2017 - March 2019 highlights the training requirements for all organisations with staff or volunteers that work with children, young people and/or their families.
Single Agency Training
All organisations should have an induction process which includes familiarisation with:
• Agency 's own safeguarding policy and procedures;
• SSCB Inter-agency Safeguarding and Child Protection Procedures;
Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018 states;-
- employers are responsible for ensuring that their staff are competent to carry out their responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and creating an environment where staff feel able to raise concerns and feel supported in their safeguarding role
- staff should be given a mandatory induction, which includes familiarisation with child protection responsibilities and the procedures to be followed if anyone has any concerns about a child’s safety or welfare
- all practitioners should have regular reviews of their own practice to ensure they have knowledge, skills and expertise that improve over time
Level 1 Training
Employers have a responsibility to ensure that all staff are given opportunities to undertake training in safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people.
This training should be completed within 3 months of appointment and then refreshed at least every 3 years.
Safeguarding Level 1 Core Slides - for STAFFORDSHIRE organisations ONLY
The SSCB has therefore developed Safeguarding Level 1 Core Slides resource,which is free of charge (click to go to Core Slides) to support your organisation in meeting its obligation.
How much will the Level 1 Core Slides recourse cost? - It’s Free!
SSCB has arranged Level 1 Child Protection Train the Trainer Events (click to go to the dates for this event). Please note that you don't have to complete this course to be able to present the Safeguarding Level 1 Core Slides to your setting.
The SSCB also has a range of E-learning modules that helps to support employers in delivering Early Help and Safeguarding Children and Young People training to there staff.
As stipulated by your own agencies induction requirements
Level 1 Child Protection training in accordance with your own organisation training strategy/programme. The SSCB partnership is clear that you must complete Level 1 Child Protection training every 3 years (If your organisation does not provide Level 1 Child Protection face to face training please complete Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect-Core, E-learning and Delivering Early Help in Staffordshire (This
course has automatically been allocated to you, E-learning)
This module is free to contributing members of SSCB and to the voluntary and charitable sector within Staffordshire (not Stoke on Trent)
To access this module go to our Online booking