Annual Conference 2014
Staffordshire Safeguarding Children Board (SSCB) & Stoke on Trent Safeguarding Children Board (SOTSCB) held a joint multi-agency conference
Working Together to keep Children Safe
09:30 – 15:30
25 March 2014
Yarnfield Park Training and Conference Centre, Yarnfield, Stone, Staffordshire, ST15 0NL
Professor Harriet Ward CBE – ‘Obstacles to Recognition and Response to Neglect – lessons learnt from research’. – ‘Obstacles to Recognition and Response to Neglect – lessons learnt from research’.
Professor Mike Stein(25.5 kb) –Teenage Neglect: Messages from Research(25.5 kb) –Teenage Neglect: Messages from Research
- Police – Digital Forensic Unit
- A day in a life of a young carer, Carers Association - DVD
- CEOP – Grooming
Annual Conference 2013
Featuring Eye Witness Theatre productions
The Speakers are listed below and a copy of their presentation where available is also provided.
Biographies of our speakers are available.
Annual Conference 2012
Our annual conference was held on 27 March 2012 at Yarnfield Conference Centre, Yarnfield, Nr. Stone, Staffs.
Working with Hostile Families
The speakers were:
The event focussed on helping managers and practitioners to develop greater awareness and understanding of working with families who are unwilling or unable to engage with practitioners to promote the welfare and safety of children. The conference was chaired by Jackie Carnell SSCB Independent Chair.
The Aims Objectives of the Conference were:
- To consider the key messages from national research & learning from local reviews
- To help practitioners and managers to identify and develop greater awareness around working with 'highly resistant families' to promote the welfare and safety of children.
- To help managers and practitioners to develop the practice skills and confidence to make decisions and achieve change and help parents & children to more readily engage in interventions to change entrenched behaviour.
- To raise awareness about staff safety and care; and
- To contribute to the consultation on the 'SSCB Working with Highly Resistant, Uncooperative and Hard to Change Families' Practice Guidance
C4EO has published 3 safeguarding briefings Reports.
1. Safeguarding: Briefing 1 (Nov 2009) (258 KB) - Effective Interventions for complex families where there are concerns about, or evidence of, a child suffering significant harm.
2. Safeguarding: Briefing 2 (Nov 2009) (218 KB) - What are the key questions for audit of child protection systems and decision making?
3. Safeguarding: Briefing 3 (Nov 2009) (213 KB) - The oversight and review of cases in the light of analysing information: how do people respond to new (and challenging) information?