We want to ensure that you are kept up to date with the latest news and developments from Staffordshire Safeguarding Children Board (SSCB). We produce a newsletter on a bi-monthly basis and these are available on our newsletter web page for you to download.
We think it is important to share news and information about what our partners are doing to contribute to keeping children safe in Staffordshire.
If you have any comments or suggestions please email Lynne Milligan or call 01785 854572.
New Arrangments for Child Protection Medicals from April 1st 2018.
As of the 1st April 2018, a new hub and spoke model will be operating across Staffordshire, the West Midlands, West Mercia and Warwickshire for those children who either disclose rape or sexual assault, or where there is reason for concern about possible sexual abuse.
Further details about this new hub and spoke model can be found in the following Joint LSCB briefing Joint LSCB Briefing New Arrangements for Child Protection Medicals FINAL V2 March 2018.
The Joint LSCB policy and procedure, Section 3C Undertaking Assessments and Investigations has been refreshed to reflect the new arrangments. This can be found on the procedures web page.
Updated contact deatils for the SARC at the Cobridge Community Health Centre sit alongside the briefing as well as the policy and procedure.
Working Together 2018 Consultation
The Department for Education has revised the guidance Working together to safeguard children: guide to inter-agency working to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, to include the changes needed to support the new system of multi-agency safeguarding arrangements established by the Children and Social Work Act 2017. These changes relate to the:
- replacement of Local Safeguarding Children Boards (LSCBs) with local safeguarding partners
- establishment of a new national Child Safeguarding Practice Review Panel
- transfer of responsibility for child death reviews from LSCBs to new Child Death Review Partners.
Views are also sought on 2 sets of statutory instruments (regulations):
- the Local Safeguarding Partner (Relevant Agencies) (England) Regulations
- the National and Local Child Safeguarding Practice Review (England) Regulations.
This SCB briefing outlines the main changes set out in the Department for Education consultation.
Working Together 2018 Exec Summary & Detailed Report Nov 2017
The consultation is now closed. A response to the feedback can be accessed here:Changes to statutory guidance - Working Together to Safeguard Children and new regulations - Government consultation response Feb 2018
- From 29 March there will be a joint Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire Local Safeguarding Children Board.
- Since 2014 the SSCB has completed 3 serious case reviews, one of which is now published (Child B). The learning from these reviews has been pulled together in the form of a poster which aims to embed good practice and continuously improve front line practice. Please share this with all staff and include on internal training events.
- From the 30th May 2017 our new First Response IVR system goes live and calls will be re-directed corresponding to the options chosen by the caller and specifically to colleagues in the Corporate Contact Centre
- This programme showed true stories of victims of grooming and child sexual abuse (CSE) in Rochdale. On this page are resources to help you report CSE concerns about your own child or things you have seen.