Posted on Monday 27th November 2017
Working Together 2018 Consultation
The Department for Education has revised the guidance Working together to safeguard children: guide to inter-agency working to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, to include the changes needed to support the new system of multi-agency safeguarding arrangements established by the Children and Social Work Act 2017. These changes relate to the:
- replacement of Local Safeguarding Children Boards (LSCBs) with local safeguarding partners
- establishment of a new national Child Safeguarding Practice Review Panel
- transfer of responsibility for child death reviews from LSCBs to new Child Death Review Partners.
Views are also sought on 2 sets of statutory instruments (regulations):
- the Local Safeguarding Partner (Relevant Agencies) (England) Regulations
- the National and Local Child Safeguarding Practice Review (England) Regulations.
This SCB briefing outlines the main changes set out in the Department for Education consultation.
Working Together 2018 Exec Summary & Detailed Report Nov 2017
The deadline for responses to the consultation is 31 December 2017.