Safeguarding Asylum Seekers & Refugees
Safeguarding Asylum Seekers & Refugees (Children and Adults)
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. As our communities become more diverse
it is vital that we have the understanding and skills to protect all people at risk.
Khai Tzedek CIC is delighted to offer specialist safeguarding training for those working with
asylum seekers and refugees. We are a grassroots organisation based in Stoke-on-Trent and
have developed the training through working with people seeking sanctuary and from
listening to their voices.
By attending you will gain a practical understanding and insight of:
- Safeguarding concerns related to asylum seekers and refugees.
- Home Office systems and how they can impact risk or support safeguarding.
- Application of safeguarding legislation, best practice guidance, and associated laws.
- Cultural competency to promote safety and well-being,
- Trauma informed practice relating to you and your role.
- Resources for support and skill building in a multi-agency context.
Dates: Thursday 29th April 2021 or Thursday 13th May 2021*
Time: 9:30am -2:00pm
Price: £35.00 per person (introductory price)
Training will take place on Zoom using a mixture of interactive activities, including case study
and real-life examples.
Places can be booked via Staffordshire Safeguarding Children Board Learning Zone
Please note that the Staffordshire Safeguarding Children Board cancellation policy applies.
For enquiries please email email@example.com
*Priority places for these dates will be given to delegates from Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire based
organisations and services due to funding provision.
Khai Tzedek CIC wishes to thank the Staffordshire Police, Fire & Crime Commissioner for providing a grant award from the People Power Fund to subsidise this much needed training programme.